Aerial Photo of Campus
News and Announcements

A Note of Gratitude from Dean Lucas

Challenge Message

Posted in: College News and Events

Thank you image

Thank you to the College of Education and Human Services community for coming together to provide scholarships for students. It has been wonderful to hear from alumni and friends of the college pledging support to this very important college initiative. We are not finished. We are more than halfway to our goal and there are still many students needing scholarship support. If you are able to give $25, $50, or $100 or more to support students, those contributions would be greatly appreciated. You can make your gift to the Dean Lucas #Schoalrships4CEHS Challenge online here or contact Yanira Amadeo at amadeoy@montclair.edu for additional assistance.

In a recent forum on the State of the College, my colleagues and I shared outstanding academic program initiatives, ways you can get involved in the future success of the college, and college highlights. Faculty gave an overview of two important projects that are making significant impacts on communities and schools; and the chair of the college’s advisory board discussed Board priorities. Students described the impacts of their experiences in our programs, and the Montclair State University Vice President of Development and her team highlighted the significance of philanthropy for the college.

If there is one takeaway for me from this pandemic, it is that the College continues to make a real difference for our students and beyond. Distinguished faculty remain committed to innovative research and practice that will change lives and communities. I see the impact of alumni who share their expertise, participation, and financial support, contributing significantly to student and alumni success.

As we embark on the holiday season, I want to take this opportunity to send sincere appreciation to the community of CEHS alumni and friends for past and future contributions and involvement.

I hope you enjoy a safe and restorative holiday. When we get past this pandemic, I hope to see you on campus soon.

Warmest wishes,

Tamara Lucas
Dean
College of Education and Human Services